Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Tele-magic!

It has been quite sometime since I got bored of working my 18-55mm standard lens. I had been waiting for an excuse to spend nearly 250 odd dollars to bring home a nice telescopic lens. And after a rather soggy ending to a fairly well negotiated war, I decided to go spend it. So the all new Canon EF 75-300mm lens is the latest toy in my arsenal. 

It comes fitted with a fast-focussing USM motor, is nearly 10.5'' long when fully extended to accomodate 300mm of focal length, allows for amazingly narrow depth of fields, looks cool and gives others a jitter for their gizmos-in-the-name-of-cameras. And oh yea, for the unschooled, combined with my former wide-angle lens, I can now officially boast of a 17x optical zoom to go with the mighty 7-point AF powerhouse-of-an-SLR Canon Rebel XT.

I tried familiarizing with the lens, and have come up with the following few experimental pictures. Haven't been able to find time to do further justice to the pursuit though. The one part that sucks about tele-photography is the fact that even slight shakes in the camera get magnified into heavy vibrations in the final image placement. Its something I'll need to work around. 






No comments: