Friday, March 28, 2008

Know your Nature


Small touch of ingenuity can bring out a real nice expression from a picture. I present here another couple of photos, where the the background supports the subject, rather than merely acting inert. The first one is shown above. The white background, above, is dry cow-dung, along the side of the footpath. Secondly, how does there appear to be such a stark contrast of the leaf against the white background? It is because of the use of flash, despite the day-light. I used it to brighten the composition, and also to do away with shadows associated with the usual day-light.


The second picture shown above, has a distinctive green background, that looks like minute grass. I dont know whether it gets across to you, but to me, it looks like a massive grassland, with a very huge dry peepal leaf lying in it. (Yeah, I need to appreciate my photos). Well, the background is actually fresh moss, the stuff you come across right after rains.

The thumb rule: Your subject stands out better, if your background co-operates! :D


No comments: